CV Writing Workshop
***To register your interest for the next cv writing workshop, please contact me either by calling 01903 367683 or by filling out the contact form. Thanks.***
Venue: Jules Halliday – Office 1, 35 Liverpool Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1SU
Tel: 01903 367683
Your CV is your chance to shine to prospective employers and is instrumental in securing you a job interview. Almost everyone has a CV, yet so many people get it wrong. Having previously worked in recruitment, and in my current role as a CV Writer and Career, Business & Confidence Coach, I have seen thousands of CVs and spoken with many employers and hiring managers regarding what they content they love and hate. Using this experience, I have created this CV Writing Workshop that gets result!
Did you know?
Many companies now use software to “read” your CV or application form as part of the pre-selection process? This software scans the CVs and rejects applications based on certain criteria and layouts. I’ll show you how to maximise your chances of getting your CV read by a real person during the CV Writing Workshop.
Do you have any of these words on your current CV?
There are hundreds of words and phrases I BAN from CVs – here’s just a few to tickle your taste buds: hard working, reliable, loyal, pro-active, team player, works on own initiative, responsible, punctual, enthusiastic, good communication skills, pays attention to detail, perfectionist, target driven, friendly, honest, trustworthy…Learn WHY these words (and many, many more) should NOT be included in your CV.
Have you applied for jobs and not received a reply?
There are lots of reasons why this is so. I will help you ensure you are not ignored. The CV Writing Workshop will definitely open your eyes as to where you have been going wrong in the past.
During the CV Writing Workshop you will also learn:
- The top 10 reasons recruiters and employers reject your CV
- How to think like an employer or hiring manager
- Why you shouldn’t use CV content mills, online CV creation programmes and certain internet templates
- How to create a personal profile that gets results
- The meaningless phrases and cliches to avoid
- CV formats
- How to create a CV that stands out ahead of your competitors
- How to create a CV bespoke to the job role
- How to use your CV as a base for job interview answers
- How to alter, update and adapt your CV for future roles
- And more, including lots of examples of good and bad CVs (not from any of my clients!!!) and the the things I found out while researching my books on CV writing and job interviews.
A light buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided.
All participants will receive a certificate of achievement at the end of the CV Writing Workshop.
Workbooks will be provided, which you may keep.